Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Recent Photo Log

Since it's been a while since I've posted, I thought I'd share some pictures of the past few weeks of being in the mountains.


















Looking South at the Indian Peaks


















There were great views of Mt. Meeker and Longs Peak from Twin Sisters. Hopefully the snow will be melting up high and I can give Longs a try later this summer.


















Christine and I at the halfway point of our Memorial Day run. This is the back of the Nelson Loop at the Nighthawk junction. This has to be on the top of my list for loops on the Front Range. At 9.7 miles, a true loop run and a hikers only trail, it's pretty unbeatable.


















Another great view of Mt. Meeker, with Longs looming behind. Longs Peak being the only 14er North of I-70, it dominates the view on the Front Range and seems to be the natural backdrop for most photographic images. Why should I be any different!?

























Christine typically jumps for joy when she's able to run with me!! Well, maybe that's not quite accurate, but I was able to catch her feeling good at the beginning our a long run. It's such a blessing to be able to share the love of movement and the mountains with my wife.

















Looking back down the initial climb of the Nighthawk Trail at Hall Ranch. Gotta love that singletrack!

















Christine and I may have found a new favorite coffee shop. Recently, the Barking Dog in Lyons moved just down the block to a new (and I must say improved) location. This has become our go-to place to relax after a weekend run in the mountains. With great coffee and pastries, and some comfy seating, what's not to like.

















The small town of Lyons Colorado, with it's recently renovated Main St.

Lastly, some good new music....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL548cHH3OY

No comments:

Post a Comment