Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekly Summary - 8/8

Monday: Off
Went on a walk with Christine

Tuesday: Rabbit Mtn - 55th Climb x 3 (Lunch)
6 Miles @ 600 vert ft

Felt pretty good on each 200 ft climb and my times continued to decrease with each session. It gets boring quickly doing the same thing multiple times, but it gives a good feel for fitness. I'm was pleased with my climbing, even though it was minimal vertical, and pleased with my times.

Evening walk with Christine topped off with a 1 mile jog.

Wednesday: Rabbit Mountain Loop (Lunch)
4 Miles @ 472 vert ft
Felt pretty good running this loop. It was great to be on singletrack, even though it was only a short lunch time run.

Evening walk with Christine ending with a 1 mile jog.

Thursday: Union Res
7.5 Miles @ 102 vert ft
I felt better and faster on this run that I have in quite some time. From the time I left the house, my body felt much better than usual. I typically feel tight, slow and sluggish, at least for the first mile or two. Today was anything but typical. Although I didn't start the run fast, I felt my stride was almost perfect (of course, that's my personal opinion based on my neutral foot strike) and there was ample pep in my step! After I noticed my first few splits were below my normal pace without much additional effort, I thought it was a must to increase the speed. I continued to feel good, even with the increased effort, especially when I was chased by a mad dog. I was somewhat let down by one of the splits, but I reasoned that the headwind from the quickly approaching storm was the culprit. In the end, I finished strong and it was exactly what I needed. Some of my recent runs have been somewhat discouraging and I was starting to wonder if I would ever improve. It's funny how things happen.

Friday: Easy 2 Miles before dinner at the Sun Rose Cafe - Old Town Longmont

Saturday: Ceran St Vrain w/Christine
4.25 Miles @ 600 vert ft
Beautiful cool run by the river.

PM: Neighborhood jog to the store - easy
3 Miles

Sunday: AM - Indian Peaks Wilderness
Sourdough - Little Raven - Beaver Creek
9.5 Miles

PM: Neighborhood jog to the store - easy
3 Miles

Here are a few pictures from the weekend run:


















Indian Peaks Wilderness Area


















Christine heading down from Mt. Audobon


















A view from above treeline in the Indian Peak Wilderness Area


















Icing the muscles in the cool creek after our run























St Vrain

No comments:

Post a Comment