Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekly Summary - 8/15

Monday: Union Res - CR5
5.3 M @ 95 vert ft
Felt surprisingly well after a lot of time on my feet Sunday.

Tuesday: Rabbit Mtn
Indian Mesa - Thompson Overlook - 55th Climb
7.1 M @ 610 vert ft
Another good day in, with a little vertical gain. One more day and I'm calling this a trend!

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Union Res
7.5 M @ 105 vert ft
Another good run around my favorite neighborhood loop. Dropped another minute-ish off my PR. Also made me think of trying out a pair of road shoes. New Balance recently introduced the 905, which is a light weight (9.5 oz) road runner. I've also been a little intrigued by the Nike Free. I definitely feel as though the light, minimal shoe is my preference, but my MT100's aren't quite the shoe for longer, flater, and more pavement prone running.

Friday: Off

Saturday: Shanahan Trail - 5 Mile Hike
Christine and I met a couple friends for a little nice and easy hiking in Boulder Saturday morning. I was surprised that the trails weren't crowded at all. We enjoyed walking and talking with friends. Afterwards, we were off to the Louisville Farmers Market to pick up our first box of peaches for the season. Our friends, whose family have a peach orchard in Palisade, are always selling at various farmers markets on the front range each August. When summer hits, we're always anticipating the arrival of the peaches!

Union Res - PM
5.3 M @ 95 vert ft

Sunday: Hall Ranch - Lunch
6.3 Miles @ 656 vert ft
Up the Bitterbrush, down Antelope, over to Lyons and took Hwy 7 back to Lyons. It was a hot day on the trails. Christine and I were pretty roasted by the end, so there was no other choice but to soak in the St. Vrain to cool off afterwards. We definitely weren't the only people with this idea.

PM - 2 mile neighborhood jog - easy

No comments:

Post a Comment